Welcome to the Choice Gifts Blog
Corporate Event Planning Checklist
Follow these 3 STAGES of planning to help you pull off the most successful corporate event.
- Develop an event mission or purpose statement.
- Set budget – be sure to leave some wiggle room for those unexpected last minute changes.
- Find out how many people are attending and what the demographics are.
- Start to visualize the theme. Social media, blogs, and Pinterest are very helpful with ideas.
- Location, Date, Time – Research different locations and negotiate price.
- Determine if there will be speakers.
- Determine transportation needs (do attendees need to fly, airport transfers, VIP service, buses, etc.)
- Decide if music is a must. If so, look at bands or DJs willing to travel to your event location.
- Determine if there should be a team building activity or experience.
- Decide if there will be pillow gifts, swag bags, or custom gift bags upon check-in. It’s a nice touch when you check-in to an event no matter where it is, to get a bag of goodies such as a water, granola bar, mints, and the schedule of events.
- Consider duties and VATs for international locations with shipping gifts and other support materials (signage, etc.).
- Determine if furniture will need to be rented. Think of tables, chairs, tablecloths, dinnerware, etc.
- Determine whether or not you’ll need video or audio equipment. If so, electrical will need to be considered.
- Confirm the event theme.
- Book location for your specified date/time and block rooms for guests.
- Book Music.
- Book Florist.
- Confirm food/cocktails.
- Confirm speakers.
- Invitations – Send out save-the-dates. Depending on the budget, a printed and mailed card is always a professional touch. If the budget is tight, you can always use the free online service, evite. Also, order the formal invitations and confirm mailing addresses.
- Order rental furniture.
- Order electrical and necessary audio equipment.
- Purchase decorations.
- Gifts, gifts, gifts! Be sure to book your gifting experience, pillow gifts, or gifts for the swag bags.
- Formal invitations and stamped RSVP cards – depending on the event type, send out with enough notice so you and attendees can make appropriate travel arrangements. When to send out?
- Once RSVP’s have been received, book the appropriate transportation. Local DMC’s (Destination Management Companies) can be extremely helpful for airport transfers, excursion transfers, etc.
- Print out “schedule of events” for attendees and bring with you to location. This handout could go with the nametags or gift/swag bags.
- Make a list of to-do’s for yourself – stay on top of your vendors to make sure everything is going as planned.
- Depending on the size of the event, bring an assistant to help you the day-of in case errands need to be run, while you’re on-site.
- Do a final walk-through before everyone arrives.
- Collect all the praise!
To learn more about how we can help you with the gifting aspect of your event, visit: choice-gifts.com/events